MARKETING INITIATIVES is a Sales and Marketing business set up to market food and grocery products from both International and UK manufacturers. We have a Sales Team with a very strong pedigree within FMCG, and have built strong Buyer/Seller relationships over a long period of time.
There is a fundamental difference between MARKETING INITIATIVES and other sales organisations and that is, we are not Brokers, Agents or Importers. We are seen by retailers as the Account Manager of the company we are representing and we work with business cards and email addresses associated with our client.
How does MARKETING INITIATIVES operate?
New Business Development
- With all New Retail Clients we undertake a full market analysis which includes Gap Analysis, Retail Selling Prices Analysis and using market data such as Neilsen/TNS.
- A detailed sales plan is built by retailer and agreed by our clients, showing which products will be presented for launch along with the volume potential, RSP, retail margins, launch dates and volume estimates.
- For Food Service we take a “Push and Pull” approach to ensure we maximize the opportunity:
- We identify and present to the key distribution routes (e.g Brakes, 3663 etc) to get the products listed.
- At the same time we are presenting to the key players within the Foodservice market to ensure that the product is pulled-through and does not just sit in the depots.
Existing Business & Annual Business Plan:
The Annual Business Plan is agreed with each client. Once agreed, the plan is then put into each retailer’s format and presented as a business review.
The plan will include:
- Trading terms
- Promotional plans and spend
- Store distribution
- New product launch
Account Team responsibilities
On a daily/weekly basis the Sales team are responsible for:
- Retail price audits
- Price file management
- Identifying new opportunities
- Category management